Thursday, July 2, 2009

New non-stop MCI-SFO service

For years I've been hoping that United would offer a nonstop from Kansas City to San Francisco, and it appears my wishes have come true. Looks like it'll be effective October 25.

The caveat: It's not mainline service. It'll be a United Express flight (operated by Skywest), on a Bombardier CRJ-700. I did a dummy booking for the flight on united.com, and the MCI-SFO nonstop will be close to four hours long (1,498 miles). OUCH! This is one flight where I'll be on the upgrade list every time.

Still, it's nice to see UA testing the market; there's certainly demand for the non-stop, and a number of area businesses will benefit from it. The schedule also works well with UA's trans-Pacific operations out of SFO, and it'll be nice to not have to connect in Denver every time I go to the west coast.

No comments: